Wednesday 30 September 2015

In Conversation With Jackie Marchant

Today on the blog as part of the UKMG extravaganza, I'm fortunate to be in conversation with Jackie Marchant, author of I'm Dougal Trump...and it's not my fault and I'm Dougal Trump...where's my tarantula?

 

Any advice to anyone dreaming of becoming an author?
Read.  Read, read and read.  Then read some more.  It’s what every author will tell you.  Reading is vital.  It’s also something we thoroughly enjoy doing!

Where do you get your writing inspiration from?
My eleven year old son asked me a random question about writing a will.  Sometime later, I found myself in his room, knee deep in mess, when the following line came to me:  ‘To my mother I leave all the mess in my bedroom, so she may put it in a bin liner and throw it out of the window.’  From that came the character of Dougal Trump and those very words are now in published in the first Dougal Trump book.

 
What are you working on next?
As well as working on the next Dougal Trump, I’m writing an epic fantasy, which is totally different.  When it all gets a bit much, I go back to Dougal for some light relief.

If, heaven forbid, there was a fire, what possession would you grab first to save?
My laptop.  It’s got everything on it.


What five people, living or dead, would you choose to invite to a dinner party?
I’d love to invite all sorts of people – but would they come?  They’d be too busy doing what they do to sit around a table with an unknown author with average cooking ability, messy house and a mad dog.  Perhaps I could answer that after I’ve become the next J K Rowling?


Thank you Jackie for taking time out to chat on my blog.  You can catch Jackie at the UKMG Extravaganza in Nottingham on October 17th - it looks set to be a fab day out!

Happy Reading

Miss Chapter x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I review!